Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pray for Daisy

The first thing that popped into my mind this morning after I woke up was Daisy Love Merrick. Daisy is a darling little girl who lives locally and has been battling cancer herself. Her parents also keep a blog and when I checked it this morning, her parents had asked for prayers because Daisy is having a hard time recovering from chemo, experiencing lots of pain and frustration.

A while back, Britt, Daisy's father, posted a link to our blog on one of his posts asking that folks also pray for Nina. I have been meaning to do the same thing for Daisy but until now have failed to do so. For some reason, my heart was moved this morning and I knew I couldn't wait any longer. Please pray for Daisy and her family. Pray for strength and comfort and pray for the little seeds of happiness that Nina has had the joy of experiencing. No child should have to battle what these little girls are!!! Yet they are and as Nina's mom I do find comfort in knowing that so many are praying for her, as I am sure Daisy's family is too!

Please pray and visit their website:

www.prayfordaisy.com



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting and sharing this Rosy! I use to go to that church when i lived in SB and Britt is an amazing pastor! My mother and I layed on her bed last night praying for your family as well as Daisy and another little girl named Kate that has a brain tumor (Britt posted this on his blog). My whole family asks daily about you all and is praying for your miracle.

    Sending my love and praying for strength and peace through these hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, i came across your blog through the Merricks. Your two families are always in my prayers. XXOO
    Jeni Van Horn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about little Miss Daisy girl awhile ago and I too pray for her complete healing, love, support and strength. It is beyond words how horrible this is for anyone to go through, let alone so many children. It just is not fair. :(

    Prayers always~
    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a Britt Merrick listener, I have been following Daisy's progress, which is how I found out about Nina. I wish I had something to say, but I understand that there are no "right words."
    You have done such an incredible job of finding joy in the midst of profound suffering. I am inspired and humbled by your journey, and I wish that I could reach out and do something to help. Please know that I am praying for Nina and for your whole family. Grace and peace, Amy

    ReplyDelete