Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 173

Sunday February 6, 2011



Errands and friends defined my day! We continued to have a time with Sosie, Kyle and Elle. Around 1pm Kyle and Elle went to the beach while Nina and Sosie took a little nappy-poo together. I took Teddy to meet them at the beach so he could get out of the house and hang out with his buddy. Teddy and Kyle took off running, chasing each other up and down the beach. I was so thankful for this time between Teddy and Kyle. Teddy needs to get out of the house, be surrounded by people who love him and experience all the ways in which life is precious, wondrous and a worth reaching for.

Not too long after we arrived, Teddy discovered some rocks he could jump off of. Teddy loves jumping off of things, running, rolling around on the ground....in essence...being a puppy!! I adore his sense of adventure and pray that he never lets the sadness of life squash his desire to experience it at its fullest!
The photos make these rocks look way higher than they actually are. Teddy of course thought he was superman for jumping and rolling onto the ground with style :) He was so cocky that he actually challenged me to jump! I was such a weanie....it took me over three tries until I jumped, with everyone laughing :) Of course, as I was trying to build courage to jump the 5 feet (how big a dork am I?) when our neighbors the Lauers just happened to walk by. Great, a bigger audience!! Well, eventually I jumped and landed decently. Teddy was totally proud of me and gave me a huge hug! He had convinced himself that I wouldn't be brave enough to do it! Little does he know how competitive his mama is :)





After our beach adventure, Teddy went to his buddy Thomas' birthday party while I took Sosie shopping on State Street. It was wonderful to have some one-on-one time with this precious girl. The fact is, that Sosie is no longer a little girl. She is a beautiful young lady. Her exterior beauty is self evident; but what is more stunning is her immense inner beauty. I have seen bits and pieces of this interior beauty over the years, but it wasn't until Nina got sick that my eyes were fully opened to the depth of Sosie's compassionate heart! She is such a blessing to Nina and I thank God for the gift she is to us all!!

Although I had made my flank steak salad on Tuesday, Todd had totally agreed that I should make it again since it was Kyle's favorite. Todd made Elle and Kyle's favorite black bean and corn salsa while I made the flank steak and salad. As the steak grilled, Todd hung out with Dan and Kyle. Periodically I'd hear them laugh at something bizarre and wacky that Dan had said. It is always great to be in the company of good friends!

Surprisingly none of the guys really wanted to see the Superbowl game (we don't have cable...only do movies and videos). Personally, I was rooting for the Steelers just to annoy loved ones who were rooting for the Packers :)

1 comment:

  1. Teddy is so darn cute! Love that he is "feeling the love" and support. And is soaking it up! He deserves every bit of it.
    Great pics! Thanks for sharing..

    :)
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete