Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cry for Comfort

Nina maybe got 4 hours of sleep. She cried off and on all night. At bedtime, she decided she wanted Todd to sleep with her and that she wanted Molly to have a sleep over. Yvonne and I slept in her bedroom. Not even poor Molly could help Nina have a good night.

All night long, she tossed and turned, screaming that she wasn't "comfy". I was about 20 feet away and heard it all. Yvonne and I went to bed around 12:30pm and by 5am when Nina finally requested me by her side, she must have woken up at least 10 times. "I'm not comfy!" she'd scream. "I'm starving!" "My earrings hurt!" "When is it going to be morning?" Nothing felt right :(

Finally after a number of small snacks plus yogurt and granola, she fell asleep at 6:45am. She, Todd, Max and Molly all lay passed out in the living room. A handful of hours can feel like forever when you helplessly try to comfort your child to no avail!

8 comments:

  1. I am praying so hard for Nina's miracle. I pray she has a better day today. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check in on your posts daily. Praying for comfort for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you've had such a hard night. Praying to the God "who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine".
    Lots of Love from the other side of the world,
    Lisa xx
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're praying!

    "The Lord is righteous in all His ways and loving toward all He has made. The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cry and saves them. The Lord watches over all who love Him." Psalm 145:17-20

    Praying that you'll feel that amazing peace that passes understanding as our God watches over you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that Nina has restful, peaceful nights. I am praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you all can find some peace and comfort! I pray that Nina is comfortable, and that she more than survives this terrible tumor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Nina....I pray and pray that her days and nights are filled with an abundance of comfort and love.

    My heart aches for all of you!

    Love, hugs and prayers always!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. praying that beautiful nina has a better night tonight!

    ReplyDelete